The Fruit Fly Shop recognizes that individuals with whom we conduct business value their privacy. However, in order to conduct global business in this increasingly electronic economy, the collection of personal information is often necessary, desirable and even unavoidable. It is the goal of The Fruit Fly Shop to balance the benefits of e-commerce with the right of individuals to prevent the misuse of their personal information.
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order.
Our website establishes a secure, encrypted connection with your web browser so that no one can see your credit card and other information as it travels over the Internet.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify.
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number.
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify and with our credit card payment processor, First Data.
Customer support information
- Examples of Personal Information collected: name and email address.
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
The Site is not intended for children. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers as described above to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above.Cookies
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.Selling Personal Information
We do not under any circumstances nor have we at any time sold any of your personal information. And we pledge never to do so.Retention
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records for a limited amount of time unless you ask us to erase this information.Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.Changes
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information belowContact
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
The Silkworm Shop, PO BOX 84773, San Diego CA 92138, United States
Last updated: 10/31/2020The Fruit Fly Shop reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.