Praying Mantis - Living Juvenile
Regular price $18.50
- We offer the Chinese (Tenodera sinensis) and the Carolina (Stagmomantis carolina) praying mantis.
- Our juveniles are typically L3 or L4 (meaning they have molted two or three times), but may be as young as L2 or as old as L5. If you would like to know the current stage of our stock, please Contact Us.
- Praying Mantises make a wonderful pet. They are easy to care for and fascinating to watch. You'll love them! They are also a beneficial garden friend or a fascinating Biology/Science experiment.
- We'll send you 2 praying mantises for each 1 you order. In case one dies during shipment, you'll still have the one you ordered. If both make it (which they most likely will) you'll have twice the fun! Please note- Our kits with live mantises come with two total, not four.
- Praying Mantis juveniles eat small insects. If you'll be keeping the mantis as a pet rather than letting them free in your garden, you'll need to have plenty of food on hand. We recommend d. Hydei flightless fruit flies for the juveniles and the d. Melanogaster wingless flies for the nymphs. We sell both here at The Fruit Fly Shop. You'll also need an appropriate enclosure, such as the nymph and juvenile enclosures we offer.
- Complete and easy instructions are included.